Translate

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Skinny Guacamole

I've said it before and I'll say it again.


I love avocados.

Click "READ MORE" for the recipe!




SKINNY GUACAMOLE
1 small or medium sized cucumber
2 avocados
1 clove of garlic
Lemon juice
Sea salt

Peel and deseed the cucumber.

I find it easier to deseed this way. YMMV

Dice up the avocado.

Peel the garlic and dice it.

Add the cucumber, garlic, and avocado to the blender. *** If you want chunky style guacamole, set aside some of the avocado at this point.



Add the equivalent of 1 juiced lemon to the blender.

Pulse until it reaches the desired consistency. Some people like it chunky, some like it smooth. Sprinkle with sea salt. *** For chunky guacamole, blend until smooth, then add in the rest of the avocado.






Eat some before plating. Don't bother plating. I just ate it straight from the container. It's my house, I'm allowed to do what I want!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's how much this batch of guacamole cost me:
2 avocados: $1.60
Lemon juice: 30¢
Cucumber: 50¢
Garlic: 10¢

Guacamole is so marked up when you buy it pre-made! If you have an Aldi store near you, I highly recommend checking out their produce section. Note that this would've been even cheaper if I had made this when avocados were 50¢ apiece.

Make a large batch at a time, divvy into freezer bags, and stick them in the freezer for future use.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's important to remember in life that when one door closes, another one opens. Things that may seem bad can turn out to be blessings in disguise.

No comments: