Translate

Monday, August 13, 2012

Fried French Fries





Deep fried deliciousness.

Click "READ MORE" for the recipe!


FRIED FRENCH FRIES
Potatoes, russet or sweet
All Purpose flour
Veggie oil
Salt & Pepper
Metal colander/steamer


I spend a good amount of time every day staring at food being deep fried. It's getting to me.

Pour vegetable oil into a pot. I used a stock pot so that I wouldn't make as big of a mess. Turn the heat onto medium. 

Slice up your potatoes. Keep the pieces uniform so that they cook at the same rate. I didn't bother peeling mine (the roughage is in the skins, yo). Dredge the potatoes in flour.

The oil should be just about to simmer. It should NOT be bubbling. If it is, turn down the heat.

Put the potatoes in the pot. My fries were a bit thick, so I set my timer for 4 minutes.

Watch those bad boys brown.

Not too brown though. Just enough so that the outsides are crispy and the insides are cooked (poke it with a knife if you're not sure).

Use a wooden spoon to pick up the fries and put them in a metal colander or steamer.





Let it rest for 5-10 seconds.

Salt & pepper it after the oil as dripped off. It's best to spice them while they are still very hot.





I had mine over brown rice, lentils, and spinach...that makes it healthy, right?


No comments: