Translate

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Oatmeal with berries

I've been on an oatmeal kick lately. Since my dishwasher (the Boy) is out of state with the army, I've been trying to use as little dishes as possible.

Click "READ MORE" for the recipe



QUICK BERRY OATMEAL
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup almond milk
dash of sea salt
1/2 cup frozen berries
honey, as needed
ground cinnamon

Mix oatmeal and milk in a bowl. Sprinkle a little bit of salt on top. Microwave for 2.5 - 3 minutes. Mix in berries and honey. So good!

I found a bag of mixed frozen berries at Aldi a couple of weeks ago and I've been going on a berry binge. It's the only variety mixed berry bag I've found that doesn't have strawberries in it! Woo! :)

I'm a little sad that this year the Boy and I won't be going berry picking together this year. I have to go by myself if I want to make a huge batch of jam. I don't know if it would be considered sad to go alone, but it's way cheaper than buying berries at the store (and much more delicious!). For the past few years I have made a huge batch of jam in August and given it away for the holidays. Usually I stick to blackberry and raspberry jam, but I might mix it up this year! :)

No comments: