Translate

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Grilled Cheese with Pesto and Tomato

Look at this buttery, crispy, delicious sandwich.







Such an easy way to make a simple meal feel fancy. This is why my husband always asks me to make his lunches - he says his are too boring.


 Click "READ MORE" for the recipe.


GRILLED CHEESE WITH PESTO AND TOMATO
2 pieces of bread
Slice of tomato
Pesto (1/2 an ice cube, if you follow my methods)
1 slice of provolone cheese (~3/4 oz or 20 grams)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter (15 mL)
Skillet

Melt the butter in the skillet over low heat

 

Assemble the sandwich. Make sure that the butter is evenly distributed between the two piece of bread.



I find it easier to use a spatula to spread pesto. It might be because I'm super clumsy and end up stabbing the bread when I use a knife.


Crispy, crispy, crispy goodness



Yum.

No comments: