Translate

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Black Bean Sweet Potato Enchiladas

This morning before work I decided to start some black beans in the slow cooker. I didn't know what I was going to make, I just started them knowing I need to clean out my pantry before we move (I have a large stockpile of rice and dried beans...by stockpile, I mean borderline hoarding :x). I forgot to make the rice in the end, but I'm ok with that!





 Click "READ MORE" for the recipe!






BLACK BEAN SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS1 cup black beans (cooked)
1 medium sweet potato
An avocado
15 oz can of tomato sauce (or if you want, premade enchilada sauce)
4 oz colby jack cheese (shredded)
4 10" tortillas
Spices: Chili powder, paprika, crushed red pepper

Preheat the oven to 350* and grease an 8x8 pan.

Dice the sweet potato, place in a bowl, and microwave until it is fully cooked.

Spice up your beans!

Lay the tortillas on a plate and microwave for 10 seconds on each side. This makes them more pliable.

Spoon 1/4 cup beans and 1/4 of the potato onto the top tortilla. Put a bit of shredded cheese (1/2 oz) on top. Fold and place in the pan. Repeat for the other three tortillas.

This is the lazy way I made enchilada sauce. I poured the entire container of tomato sauce over the pan and put all of the required spices on top. If I had planned this a little more in advance, I would've done it the "right" way. This was still pretty delicious!

Put the rest of the cheese on top of the enchiladas.

Stick it in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted.

Serve with avocado!


I think I should add here that I can't comment on posts. I did SOMETHING and now I can't do it for any posts that are hosted on blogspot. Super lame.

No comments: