Translate

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Kale Almond Pesto

I'm cooking for 1 for the next few weeks thanks to the army. I have vowed that I will not fall to eating fast food and frozen junk...for the most part. I'm going to say some junk food is still allowed.


First up: Make some pesto!





Click "READ MORE" for the recipe.


KALE ALMOND PESTO
7 cups kale, washed
1/2 cup of almonds, lightly toasted
1/3 cup corn oil
1/3 cup tri blend cheese or parmesan
Salt and pepper
Food processor or blender
Spatula
Ice trays (big and bulky)

Put the kale in the food processor first. Pulse until it's chunky.

Add the almonds. Pulse until they're chunky.



Add the cheese and salt/pepper (when I make this with spinach, I use basil too). Pulse once.

Add the oil SLOWLY. My food processor has a section I can pour all of the oil into, and it slowly releases it into the main section. Pulse until mixed well.


Get out your ice trays and use the spatula to get the pesto into the slots. I used 1.5 ice cube trays.


Stick it in the freezer. Now whenever you want pesto, you can just grab a fork and poke the cubes out. It doesn't freeze the way water does because of the oil.

 ---
I'd like to note here that my most viewed post so far is the one that is in Hebrew. It has been viewed almost entirely by people who live in the US, which I find hilarious.

No comments: