Translate

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Marinade

Marinades!

What makes a good marinade is very similar to what makes a good salsa. It's all in the ratios.

Click "READ MORE" to see the recipe!


 Acid + Oil + Seasoning = A solid marinade

I have two steaks marinating right now. I threw a bunch of things in the blender and we'll see how it turns out. I used acid (lemon juice), oil (olive oil), and seasoning (raw garlic, raw onion, freshly ground pepper, and a few pinches of different spices from my cabinet).

Having an acid is important to help break down the meat (or vegetables)
An oil adds secondary flavoring and helps keep the meat moisturized
Seasoning adds the primary flavoring

Acids: vinegar, fruit juice, yogurt, buttermilk
Oil: grapeseed, coconut, olive, corn, vegetable, canola, peanut, etc.
Seasoning: Dry herb, fresh herbs, garlic, onion, etc.

I messed up my sprouted chickpeas, so chickpea hummus is on a hold for now. I have a few posts that I have written and saved because there are no pictures (because I forgot to take them. Yay me!)

No comments: