Translate

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Quick Summer Salad

It's hot today. It was hot yesterday. It's going to be hot tomorrow and I don't think it's going to stop for some time.

I don't want to turn my oven on. The pilot lights are keeping the main room hot enough as it is.

What can I make for lunch that's quick, doesn't require a trip to the store, and won't require any heat whatsoever?

Answer: A refreshing summer salad!

Click "READ MORE" for the recipe







QUICK SUMMER SALAD



1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1/2 an avocado, diced
1/4 cup black beans (if you're using canned, make sure to drain them thoroughly beforehand)
Extra virgin olive oil
Pepper
Kosher salt

Prep all the ingredients and throw them in a bowl. Add a drizzle of oil and salt and pepper to taste. Mix.

Guys, it's so easy and so good. I LOVE avocados. I could eat them day in and day out. This is also pretty filling because of the beans. If you live near an Aldi store, stop in and check out how cheap cherry tomatoes and avocados are! $1.50 for 3 avocados, $ .89 for a pint of cherry tomatoes...I'm in heaven.



My chickpeas are almost ready to be made into hummus! :) How exciting is my life right now? Haha
I'm going to try to keep recipes on here simple for a little bit, then move onto more complex and time consuming things. Just a heads up that I won't be sticking to simple/intro forever.

Stay cool!

No comments: