Translate

Monday, June 18, 2012

Blondie Brownies

Let's make some brownies! I've been in the mood for chocolatey baked goods this week. This isn't quite hitting the spot, so maybe I'll make something else tomorrow.
 







































































                                        Recipe after the jump





Yummy yummy


After the butter/brown sugar mixture is smooth, add the peanut butter
It's very easy to put into the greased pan




Enjoy!

These would be great warm with a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt. Keep this in mind!
From Handle the Heat

BLONDIE BROWNIES
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 2 cups light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2.5 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (divided)
  • 1 saucepan
  • 1 mixing bowl

Preheat oven to 350*, grease 9 x 13 pan

Put the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan and melt. Set aside and wait for it to cool down.

Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. If you have one, use a flour sifter. I used a veggie steamer.

Return to the butter/sugar/peanut butter mix. Add 1 egg, mix until smooth. Add the other egg, mix. Add vanilla extract.

Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until just combined. Add half of the chocolate chips to the mix.

Put in the pan and add the rest of the chocolate chips to the top.

Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden with lightly browned edges.


I'm ok with how these came out. They are not my favorite, but that's probably because I LOVE chocolate brownies and these aren't meeting my minimum requirements for chocolate. I also added a bunch of extra chocolate chips because, let's face it, that's what I really wanted tonight. Also, baking isn't really my forté. My oven is very uneven and very old, which makes me surprised that these came out edible at all.

Formatting is still confusing. Working on it!

No comments: