Translate

Monday, October 15, 2012

Spicy Black Bean Burgers

Dealing with worker's comp makes me want to pull my hair out. Seriously, if I didn't already have debilitating headaches from the injury, I would be getting them from this whole ordeal.

Also my husband and I were accepted to Birthright. I'm very excited! I'm hoping that my headaches will be gone by January so that I can go on the trip.


Anywho....



Click "READ MORE" for the recipe!


SPICY BLACK BEAN BURGERS
2 cups black beans
3/4 cups corn
1 jalapeno, diced
1 shallot, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup matzo meal or plain breadcrumbs
All purpose flour
Oil

Spices: 1 tsp cumin, 1 tb parsley, 1.5 tsp chili powder, .5 tsp sea salt

Saute your onion, garlic, and jalapeno until softened.


Throw your spices in a bowl. Do you like very spicy? Add more chili powder.


Put the beans, corn, and sauteed mixture into the bowl with the spices. If you have an immersion blender, use it. If not, use two wooden spoons to smoosh everything together.

Form patties with the smooshed up blend. Lightly dredge in flour. Pan fry on medium-low heat.





Don't I make beautiful food?


Sit down and enjoy! This recipe theoretically makes 6 patties, but I always end up making 4 monster sized ones.

No comments: